In today’s article, we speak about the importance of proper maintenance and cleaning of carpets and rugs, and the need to hire the services of a cleaning company specialising to obtain adequate results.
Carpets and rugs are a decorative element widely used in all types of surfaces and places like, for example, companies, hotels, theatres, casinos, cinemas, office building lobbies, etc.
This is because in addition to the decorative aspect offer other features, such as comfort (they are more comfortable), warmth, sound-isolating, coating passageways (giving a better look at the facilities), among others.
But they have the disadvantage that are not easy to clean and wash tissues. Maintenance and cleaning of carpets is a simple process, but it requires perseverance, knowledge and appropriate material to carry it out. Hence the importance of hiring a specialised cleaning carpets and rugs to carry out this process company.
Why do the carpet cleaning?
- Perform a cleaning carpets and rugs regularly, it is not just an aesthetic issue, but it is vitally important to keep environment clean and hygienic, and eliminate mites that can accumulate, avoiding potential health problems such as allergies.
- Cleaning Carpet is also essential if they are in a place of heavy traffic or visible to the public (in the case of companies and public facilities), since they get dirty much more than normal and give a worn look and careless (just the opposite of the role in most cases, a good picture of where the client.
- Sanitising and deodorising carpets, rugs and upholstery in public spaces is important because open spaces are so many people that travel throughout the day and if you do not have good ventilation and can lead to unpleasant odours.
Advantages and reasons to hire a cleaning service Carpet
- The cost of maintenance and cleaning carpets and rugs as long as it is done by professionals, is cheaper than a spot cleaning by yourself or carried out by your own unskilled workers.
- Stains and dirt are completely removed and in less time than would you use for yourself or for your employee workers (which of course, are not experts or have the technical equipment needed).
- The carpets will be like new, without loss of colour, or traces of chemicals that may cause lose its lustier and texture (not damaged fibres with a professional treatment). Remove doors and leave a good aroma scented.
- Removal of viruses, bacteria and mites as it is a place of perfect incubation. Mites thrive in these environments, and more in summer with rising temperatures and winters with heating. Thus a healthy environment will remain completely disinfected.
- With a good periodic maintenance and without great expense your carpets seem new, without having to make cleaning carpet thoroughly so often (with the expense and inconvenience involving in many cases, but also depend on the method used by each company).
But of course, we are talking about a company specialising in cleaning carpets and rugs provide a quality service and professional services company.
The problem is that there are plenty of “cleaning companies and professionals called” engaged in cleaning carpets with poor methods and perform a disastrous and terrible course of business, such as:
- Directly throw buckets of water on the carpet and remove it with soap on it with rotating machines (rendering them white spots and smearing).
- Use duct tape to the edges and leave for days until the carpet dries, causing it to lose its original colour and remaining traces of glue.
- irreparably damage the fabric fibres by an incorrect method of carpet cleaning ( by rubbing with a tool that is suitable for this purpose).
Therefore, it is always advisable to ensure good, the type of company that is hired. At the end often cheap it is expensive (for maintenance save something in the end you have to buy a new carpet), as someone who charges half for a service, it will not lend a quality service and guarantees.
Dry carpet cleaning or steam
Dry carpet cleaning
The dry carpet cleaning should be done with specific machines that allow to clean up the most difficult areas without moving the furniture site or having to close the area to traffic (which allows you to continue your normal activity). In addition, these cleaning methods are not harmful to humans or animals and respect the environment.
This cleaning method is very important in certain locations, they require a thorough and professional cleaning regularly without closing the area to be cleaned to the public and / or workers. Hence modern machinery capable of holding large areas of carpet and / or carpet in perfect condition without stopping business activity during the process is used.
With this cleaning system, carpets, rugs and upholstery are deeply clean, dry and ready for immediate use, the reappearance of odours is avoided and that the stains persist and have a lower risk during maintenance and cleaning thereof ( cables and plugs).
In addition, wet cleaning can damage certain sensitive areas to moisture, such as furniture and run-feet timber and is a cleaning method most expensive carpet, as the carpet cleaning dry saves personnel, material and while greatly simplifying the task and achieving outstanding results.
Wet carpet cleaning
Generally, carpet cleaning by specialised companies such as Amigo Services Ltd is usually done with dry specialising in machinery, but in specific cases a more specific cleaning due to the type of fabric / material, the types of stains … is required
To make a carpet cleaning wet are needed specific cleaning products depending on the type of carpet and grade or stain and to carry out two pre-test mode and preparing the piece (this type of detail tasks will indicate whether the company acts professionally or not):
- Before applying any type of product, a deep aspiration of the two sides of the piece, to remove all types of dust, sand, etc. it is made, because if this is not done, we run the risk of producing mud with the application of liquid products for these surfaces leaving the treated area caked.
- It is also very important to test the product to be used in a small area very visible (a corner or below the piece). This practice is especially useful in carpets long haired, because if the product deteriorates colour when applied in very few fibres, always be camouflaged with the rest.
In any case, to carry out cleaning carpets wet, you can use products like sudsy ammonia in water (very appropriate both carpet cleaning wool and felt) for acrylic carpets short haired or polyester.
To remove stains from fruit juices, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, wine, sauces, egg or blood, industrial solutions are used or alternatively a solution of mild detergent and white vinegar to clean in warm water (depending on how it is the stain), which is applied using a wet sponge and then dry and clean with a rag.
The water mixed with alcohol removes the sugar residues and glue, but can also be used professional chemicals.
To remove oil stains, ink, bitumen, tar, specific solvents are used for carpet cleaning and carpet dry. In blobs of paint, nail polish or ink, after application of solvent dry cleaning, moistened with a solution of warm water, mild detergent and vinegar cleaning the dirty area and to finish reapplied the same solvent and making sure best results.
If stains are removed mud or recent dirt must be allowed to dry, and once dry brush the area well with brushes and / or rotating machines depending on the type of tissue. Subsequently we apply a solution of three parts water to one of ammonia or a specific solvent for such areas.